2001 Cadillac DeVille consumer reviews

$xl,945 starting MSRP

side view of 2001 DeVille Cadillac

76% of drivers recommend this automobile

Rating breakdown (out of 5):

  • Comfort 4.8
  • Interior design 4.7
  • Performance 4.0
  • Value for the coin 4.1
  • Exterior styling four.9
  • Reliability 3.9

Cadillac performance

I purchased my Cadi in July 2022. It is ten yrs one-time but rides like a dream. I got a great deal (nether $5000 cash). You can't trounce the cadillac ride and I found the gas mileage, 19 metropolis and 26 highway to be refreshing for a automobile this size and weight. It has all the luxury you lot expect from a peak of the line luxury vehicle. I put new front brakes, rotors & calipers on it and got a couple of worn parts replaced (Tie rod cease and a drive chugalug). The coolant recovery reservoir needs replacement also, information technology throws upwardly a false message to the dash "Check coolant Level". My side by side vehicle volition near likely be a low mileage certified Caddillac every bit well.

Show full review

The land man.

I like the car, your get above gas boilerplate milage, over 24 MPH on the route,and ride in confort. I am a real estate Farm salesman and I have clients in the car for lond periods of fourth dimension and they ride in confort.

Prove full review

Keen Car

I purchased my 2001 Cadillac in September 2001. I do non regret the purchase. Like any car, if you don't exercise the maintenance you volition have bug. I have never had a breakdown. Everything in my machine works perfectly. Excluding gasoline, I calculated, my 2001 DeVille toll me $340 per month including the price of the vehicle.

Show total review

MOST UNRELIABLE Automobile I'VE OWNED

If you've never owned a Cadillac, practise not buy one unless yous have more money than sense. You'll end up spending a bundle in repairs in merely a few short years. I bought an '01 Cadillac DHS westward/20K miles on it & put well-nigh 30K miles it. In the less than 5 yrs of owning it, I've spent $5700 in major repairs alone, that's $1100/year in repair costs which is but pathetic for a car that cost so much coin. Information technology is the most expensive & unreliable motorcar I've always owned & I've endemic many. GM should be ashamed for making a high dollar car that gives back such poor functioning. It really is a piece of junk compared to the Honda & Toyota'southward I've owned that accept given me style over 100K miles of almost perfect service. With less than 60K miles on the DHS, I've had to have consummate axle piece of work done, new brakes, rotars, & shocks, new hood struts, new transmission west/all iv motor mounts, new starter, constant engine problems, abiding window malfunctions not to mention that it drinks oil. There are numerous other problems but these are the major ones I've had on this car. I'm going back to the foreign made cars which take given me the level of service commensurate with the toll I paid dissimilar GM'south Cadillac. And, if you have owned a Cadillac & not had undue repairs expenses, and then consider yourself i of the "few" lucky ones!!

Show full review

classy piece of junk.

Bought with 72,000 miles. Now has 86,000 miles. replaced front bicycle bearings, all necktie rods and tie rod ends, sway bar linkage, which bankrupt and that has never happened to me. Fuel judge does non work. proceed a gallon jug of oil in the trunk. You will need it. Will I buy a used Cadillac again? Not without a warranty. If I were to buy a new one, it would exist sold the day the factory warranty expires. Gm needs to improve quality. Nothing but high dollar plastic.

Testify full review

2001 caddy

the caddy deville i have was purchased with 62,240 mi in 2008. the interior i think is but great big comfortable seats all heated. driver side dimming mirror. this automobile is very quiet even with a v8. visability is great . if y'all are looking for a cruiser and not a race car y'all tin can go better mpg than some of the 4 cyl hipo cars. the leather is soft and comes in many colors. good auto for the money look for depression miles every bit there are quite a few for low dollars.

Evidence total review

Love the car

I have a 01 Deville and i have had it for several years now. I accept over 100,000 miles on it. The fuel milage is supper with a highway milage effectually 27mpg sometimes it is has high has 29mpg. You wont find many cars that tin can actually go that that are full size. The auto is pretty quite and handles pretty well only there is a fleck of a float to it, squeamish to accept on the highways. Reliability has been good, the only problems I have had are all the window tracks went bad, $50 to replace. The water pump seal went bad, surprisingly easy to set up. The only real problem is the security feature will not allow the car first sometimes, its starting to be a problem and will accept to take it in. All in all not bad for a auto viii years old. I did make some changes to the car and put HAWK HPS break pads on and they work much better than factory. I also had to put Goodyear triple treads on considering I drive in the rain a lot. I would go another DTS in a 2d. My family has iii of them and each yr they just become a bit better. The 08 is amazing in its refinement and the electroshocks are amazing if you desire functioning.

Show full review

cadillac DHS

Great car. Purchased mine with 42,000 miles, one owner. Commuter side heated seat went bad. Eliment and install was $100.00 if yous buy the eliment youself at the dealership and take a seat cover shop install it. I will buy another 1 without hesitation.

Testify full review

All-time Car E'er!

I always loved Cadillacs every bit a child growing up in a big family unit, but never idea I could afford one. We bought one years ago, and the comfort and style is timeless. Best Car Ever!

Bear witness full review

Very Unreliable Motorcar

I bought this car 2 years agone with 69,000 miles and drive it enough to use one gas tank a calendar week. It's looks/condolement are up there with Mercedes, but I have endemic many different cars and this auto is by far the most unreliable car I've ever owned. In the past twelvemonth I have had all the window motors/regulators replaced, one engine mount was cracked in half, all new brake pads a few months ago and now they squeak all the time. The dealership said it is a common problem though even though at that place is life left on the pads. The tire pressure sensors are all broken, the manual fluid sensor is cleaved, coolant sensor is broken, and the heated front drivers seat is cleaved.......I was always a HUGE GM Fan and at present I am done. GM needs to larn how to improve their quality and people will buy their cars better than whatsoever other make I think.

Testify full review